Looking for Sean McLachlan? He mostly hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog these days, but feel free to nose around this blog for some fun older posts!

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.



Wednesday 25 August 2010

Hiking the East Highland Way

Observant readers of this blog will notice a new box on the margins. I'm currently writing a series for Gadling on hiking the East Highland Way, a 76-mile route through some amazing scenery. Check out the link for stories about my visits to Pictish forts, medieval castles, and beautiful countryside, along with my blunt opinion of haggis!

Last year I hiked the Hadrian's Wall Path. While that was a lot of fun the East Highland Way was more challenging. I'm not sure what my long-distance hike will be next year, but I'm sure it will be in Scotland! The far north near Cape Wrath, which is even more remote than the area I went to, looking very promising.

5 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Chum riep soo from Cambodia!
Found my way here through Google and I must say your blog is awesome. I have been fascinated by European history even if I live in Asia. I recently got hold of a DVD copy of BBC's The Normans and got me even hungry for more. Great blog you have here, I like your travels, insights, and photos :) I'm a fan!

Cheers.

Sreisaat Adventures

Sean McLachlan said...

Glad you like it!

Umbria Villas said...

You had an amazing adventure during your journey and might have enjoyed the sightseeing.Felt good to know.

Ville Sicilia said...

East Highland Way offers dramatic landscapes and also offers peace and tranquility. I love to visit such places and would definitely like to visit soon.

Dan Kennedy said...

Love the blog; your adventure makes me want to leave the corporate world and hop a plane tomorrow!