Looking for Sean McLachlan? He mostly hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog these days, but feel free to nose around this blog for some fun older posts!

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.



Monday 5 October 2009

Missing Oxford

I left Oxford a couple of weeks ago and now I'm in Missouri researching my next Civil War book. I'm also doing a bit of fiction, as usual, including my novel-in-progress that's set partially in, you guessed it, Oxford. Write what you know and all that.

The problem is, it's making me miss Oxford! Just today I was editing a chapter that has a long descriptive passage of one of my favorite spots in town, and suddenly I had a severe case of homesickness.

What to do? I won't be getting back to Oxford until April at the earliest. Perhaps missing it will help me write about it. Or maybe it will simply make writing about it torture.

No comments: