Looking for Sean McLachlan? He mostly hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog these days, but feel free to nose around this blog for some fun older posts!

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.



Friday 9 January 2009

Snowy Madrid

Am I still living in Madrid? I woke up this morning and snow was coming down fast and thick. It's been snowing all day, and though it's tapered off a bit it doesn't look like it's going to stop. I've never seen this much snow in Madrid, so I went out and took some photos of my barrio.

Lots of other people were out snapping pics too, so I probably won't be the only Madrid blog posting on this!

This snowy Jesus stands in front of an old restored hospital, now a geriatric center. My wife's great uncle used to work here. I posted about this beautiful building earlier.

This is Quevedo, a famous poet from Spain's seventeenth century Golden Age. I think the snow perfectly accentuates his hose, flouncy coat, and powdered wig to create a classic yet stylish winter ensemble. I respectfully call him La Reinona Gorda, "the fat drag queen".



No comments: