Looking for Sean McLachlan? He mostly hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog these days, but feel free to nose around this blog for some fun older posts!

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.



Friday 25 April 2008

Becoming Part Of The Scenery

I was sitting in my favorite local café today, Café Comercial, when some German tourists came in. The café is in most of the guidebooks, because it has a long literary history. It's a big, bustling place with marble tables and lots of sun, so it's a great place to write or have tertulias, which are similar to the French-style salons. So I was scribbling away at my novel when one of the Germans takes a picture of me! I guess he wanted an image of the "Madrid literary scene" his guidebook told him about or something.

Since when did I become part of the scenery? I felt a little better when he started taking pictures of all the cute madrileñas walking past the window.

No comments: